To take advantage of the latest features and functionality of the Salesforce Connector, you may be asked to upgrade to the latest version.
Upgrading is easy, and should only take a few minutes.
For information on the latest version of Salesforce Connector, please review the Release Notes.
Important! Read Carefully Before Upgrading
The process of upgrading to the Salesforce Connector will disable your Data Integration Rules and set them back to the default settings. We strongly recommend that you take note of the current setup so they can be re-configured after the upgrade is complete
To Upgrade to the Latest Version
- Login as an administrator to the instance you would like to install the upgrade on.
- Visit the Salesforce Connector listing in the SFDC Appexchange to start your upgrade.
OR... While logged into the org you need to upgrade, remove everything after salesforce.com or lightning.force.com, and replace it with this string below. It will take you directly to the install page for the Salesforce connector
- You will see a screen that shows the current version you are on, and the version that you will be upgrading to.
NOTE: We Strongly recommend installing for All Users to simplify the rollout to your team.
- You will be asked to approve Third-Party Access to permissions.hgdata.com. This is only used to ensure that the proper technology filters are enabled for your account. Check the box and click Continue.
- Reactivate your Data Integration Rules
1) Activate HG Global Entities for Accounts or Leads and allow the enrichment to run completely.
NOTE: It is very important you allow the HG Global Entities integration rule to run completely before you activate the Installed technologies integration rule. When you activate the Global Entities Integration rule, a yellow ribbon will be shown on the screen, and you can refresh the page to check when the rule has completed. When the ribbon disappears, you know the match is complete, and you can proceed to the HG Installed Technologies integration rule(s).
2) Activate HG Installed Technologies for Accounts or Leads to bring in the HG Technographic profiles for your accounts or leads.
You can also check the Match Rates using the Data Integration Metrics. See this page for more information on match rates.